Do you have an idea of what you want to achieve, but not sure how to accomplish it? Most of us have dreams and setting goals is a great way to help you fuel your ambitions. As Napoleon Hill said, “A goal is a dream with a deadline” and as a content creator, goals are important to guide your focus. On OnlyFans, many creators chose to set themselves targets to help them stay motivated and celebrate the small wins. So, if you’re looking to reach new heights on the platform, here are some tips on setting yourself goals on OnlyFans.
Why set goals?
Before we head into the depths of goal setting, it’s important to note that if you’re sharing content just for fun and the act of sharing itself is rewarding enough for you, that’s totally fine! But if you’re dreaming of hitting a certain amount of earnings or subscribers on OnlyFans, here’s how it can help.
Setting goals can set you up for success, and give you the inspiration needed to aim for things you never thought possible. It allows you to measure your progress and visualise your dreams. Striving towards a specific target can even trigger new behaviours to ensure your page sustains momentum. So much work goes into planning, creating and promoting every piece of content you create and by setting yourself goals on OnlyFans, you can tailor this content to meet your objectives. This will keep your page performing well and your fans happy – and that’s what we all want!
Deciding what’s important
Goal setting can look very different depending on each creator’s values and definitions of success. But no matter what your genre is, there are always targets you can aim towards. The first step is to take time to brainstorm and decide what you want. Your goals are unique to you so think about what makes you feel good.
As an example, if you are a fitness creator, your aim may be to have a small number of fans with whom you spend more time with and provide one-on-one support to. On the other hand, your goal might be to reach more of a mass audience and have as many fans following your workouts as possible. Both are great goals, but it’s important to decide which strategy works best for you and your content – as there is only so much of you to go around!
Once you have an idea of an overall goal that you’d like to achieve, then you can start to break it down into smaller progressive goals that will help you get there. There are different types of goals you can focus on when building up your brand as an OnlyFans creator.
Metrics goals focus on the numbers. If the amount of subscribers is important to you, you may want to consider making your account free or offering free trials and discounts to new fans. This could be important to you if you have something you want more people to view, for example, if you are a musician launching a new song.
Another metrics goal that is just as (if not more) important is engagement. As an OnlyFans creator, you want your content to align with your fans’ interests, and more engaged fans are likely to continue following you and even encourage others to follow you too.
If one of your goals is to get more interaction on your page, then here are a few features that can help:
- The polls feature allows you to understand what your fans want from you and can give quick, instant feedback.
- Direct messaging on OnlyFans allows you to connect one-on-one with fans on a more personal level than other platforms, so you can build your relationships.
- The Go Live feature on OnlyFans gives you the chance to interact in real-time.
- As well as seeing your number of subs and likes on your posts, OnlyFans also offers page statistics to track the traffic on your page. This can help you cater to your fans’ time zones so you can be online when they are too.
Financial goals are ones that nearly all of us strive towards. On OnlyFans, you have the chance to monetise content and reach financial goals you may not be able to on other social platforms. Setting yourself small financial targets can help you reach your bigger goals. An example of a small financial goal could be wanting to make $2,000 this month, or increase your last month’s earnings by 10%. Alternatively, you may want to focus on earning in a specific way. For example, you might want to focus on increasing your earnings using the Paid Messages feature.
If you have financial goals, there are many ways to boost your income other than through subscriptions. Here are some tools to help you reach your financial goals on OnlyFans:
- Utilise the tips feature: encouraging your fans to leave you a tip or creating a tip menu is a great way to boost your income. You can also organise your messages by the biggest tips, which is a great way to incentivise your fans who want their messages read first.
- Make the most of the paid content features: free accounts can have paid posts on their feed and all accounts can send paid messages. Offering locked content to fans who want to see a little more is a great way to earn extra through your OnlyFans account.
- Set yourself a goal to move up the percentage ranking: on your Statements page it will tell you your percentage rating against other creators on the site. This works on earnings achieved in the last 30 days, so can fit into your monthly goals.
Impact goals are objectives towards helping causes and initiatives important to you. If you already have a large influence in the social media space, you might want to use your OnlyFans as a way to raise money for charity. You can even set yourself mini fundraising targets.
So, whether you are looking for financial gains, fame or a bit of both, set mini-goals that motivate you!
Sticking to your goals
So, you have set out your goals and are ready to smash them. But you may be wondering: ‘How will I stick to these? How do I keep myself accountable?’ Here are some tips:
- Write them down. This can help you visually see them and can serve as a reminder. You can then also go back to them and see how much you’ve grown.
- Share them. Many users choose to share their goals with others, whether that be with their friends, family or their fans themselves! By letting someone else know, they can hold you accountable too.
- Plan ahead. We all get busy but on OnlyFans there are many features to plan your content so you can stay ahead of the game.
- Regularly review. It’s important to stay positive even if you have just missed your goals for the month. You can always evaluate your list, set new ones and ask yourself how realistic they are.
Check out some of these goals these OnlyFans creators are sharing online:
“My goal for 2021 is to hit 10k followers on Twitter and make 10k on OnlyFans”
“I’m up to the top 64% of OnlyFans creators after just a few days! I’d love to hit that 50% goal by the end of my first week over there, so if you’d like to support me feel free to drop a tip or sub!”
Celebrating your successes
The whole point of goal setting is to track what you have achieved and knowing when you reach milestones. The key to keeping up your momentum towards your bigger goals is celebrating when you accomplish the smaller ones. Take time to reflect on your progress and reward yourself when you hit your targets. Your fans and people close to you want to see you do well, so when you fulfil your goals you can share the news and thank those who have supported you. A lot of users choose to share screenshots of their OnlyFans success or update their followers on social platforms. Check out some creators sharing their success below:
“YES REACHED MY ONLYFANS GOAL FOR THIS MONTH WAY EARLY”
“I’ve made 1k on OnlyFans in 2 days! An apartment is calling my name”
Have you got any goals or dreams? Let us know in the comments!