Live streaming’s popularity has grown rapidly in recent years and this is expected to continue: by 2022, live video is predicted to grow 15-fold and reach a 17% share of all internet traffic. If you’re a content creator, you can jump on the bandwagon and go live on OnlyFans. Read on for the guide on streaming 101: the whats, whys and hows.
Why go live on OnlyFans?
There are numerous benefits to live streaming on OnlyFans that are worth considering:
- Live interaction with your fans. Streaming on OnlyFans allows you to build closer relationships with your fans by interacting with them in real-time.
- Show fans the real you. 86% of consumers say authenticity is important and streaming can be a great way to show the real you. One strategy is to use your polished, stylised images and videos for your feed and then come onto your stream with a more casual look and chat to your fans about your day-to-day life. Many fans really appreciate this kind of behind-the-scenes experience.
- Optimise your offline life. A great thing about streaming is that it allows you to make use of whatever you have going on in real life and share that online. Whether you’re a musician with a gig or an athlete with a competition, you can stream your event so your online fans can enjoy it as well.
- Showcase your talents in real-time. On OnlyFans, content creators from a variety of genres can utilize the live stream feature. Popular niches include cooking, music, comedy, gaming and beauty.
- Make money! You can make money live streaming on OnlyFans by receiving tips or putting your live video behind a paywall.
How to go live on OnlyFans
Live streaming on OnlyFans is very simple. The ‘Go Live’ button can be found just under your post composer on the right. Here’s how to stream on OnlyFans in four easy steps.
Types of live streaming on OnlyFans
On OnlyFans, you can either live stream by yourself or with another creator. If you’ve never gone live before, co-streaming can be a great way to get started, because having another creator to interact with can help with nerves and increase your confidence. Plus, collaborations are fun and can increase your following. To co-stream with another creator, one of you would need to start streaming and then the other creator would have to request to join. Here’s how.
How to earn money streaming on OnlyFans
Without a doubt, live streaming is lucrative!
There are two ways you can earn money live streaming on OnlyFans:
- Tips: The tipping feature is available on your posts and videos, and it can help you earn when streaming on OnlyFans. Your fans can tip creators on both single and co-streams.
- Payment-gated streams: This is an option only available to free accounts, but it essentially allows you to put your live video behind a paywall and set an entry fee for subscribers to join and watch your stream. The minimum “ticket price” is $5. This is great for musicians, beauticians, chefs, dancers, comedians or actors doing live performances, or any creator who wants to stream something special.
Will you go live on OnlyFans? Let us know in the comments!